cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Jakib2
Adept I

Low FPS with Gigabyte 6750 XT 12GB switch from EVGA GTX 960 - 39 FPS on Diablo 2 Res Ultra Settings

Hello all!

I just bought a GIGABYTE Gaming OC Radeon RX 6750 XT 12GB GDDR6 PCI Express 4.0 ATX from NewEgg. I've been having some problems getting the highest framerate and best performance from the card. 

I was previously using EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC 2 GB.

I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers/software/etc. using Display Driver Uninstaller (https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html) in safe mode however the Nvidia driver still shows in the GPU selection. 

Here is my current setup:

MSI PRO B660-A DDR4 Motherboard ATX

Intel Core i5-12400 Desktop Processor 18M Cache

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 X 16GB) DDR4 3600

ARESGAME 750W Power Supply Semi Modular

I've tried reinstalling the AMD drivers, working with AMD Adrenalin, and I even updated my mobo's BIOS to the latest release. 

I'm getting about 37 FPS on Diablo 2 Resurrected in Ultra settings. Is this normal? I think the new Radeon card should be able to handle D2 Res on Ultra with a much better result. I am also getting about 67 FPS on Stray on high settings. 

I'd like to avoid overclocking as I think this GPU should be powerful enough on its own without overclocking. There has to be a bottleneck somewhere creating these issues. 

Any ideas? I've read that I may need to update my PCIe driver? I don't know if that's a proper fix and I'm not sure how to do that. I thought updating the mobo BIOS would accomplish that. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also can provide any additional information necessary. 

0 Likes
6 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

When you run DDU, you should opt to boot at safe mode and then do the driver uninstallation to actually get rid of old drivers. If I recall right, DDU has option to boot to safe mode built-in to it.

Here you can see how your GPU should perform. Though CPU's too can act as bottlenecks, so it is not quite that simple https://youtu.be/kYRAAsmC5Ek?t=1049 

Aresgame is not a PSU brand I am familiar with and I have to wonder if it is up to the task. Never buy cheap PSU's!

This could potentially also be a software compatibility issue too, but it is difficult to say with information provided.

Thank you for the response! 

I previously tried the same setup with a Corsair CX600 PSU because I thought the same thing. I had the same results. 

I did the DDU uninstall of the GTX 960 driver in safe mode. However, strangely enough, the GPU driver still shows in the DDU dropdown selection menu. Maybe it wasn't uninstalled fully? I'm not sure if all historical drivers will show in the DDU GPU selection menu. 

Is there any other information that may be helpful? 

This is the CPU I am currently using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09NMPD8V2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

0 Likes

I can't remember DDU GUI that well, but if you ran it in safe mode, I think you're good in that respect.

So you have installed the new GPU to closest PCIe slot from CPU?

You have installed new drivers from: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-6000-series/amd-radeon-6700-series 

Did you connect monitor to GPU and not by mistake, to motherboard (in which case you would be running the game with iGPU integrated to CPU and not AMD 6750 XT)

While I doubt it would change anything, have you connected PSU to GPU with two independent cables to assure enough power delivery?

If none of these work, it could be a software incompatibility issue - some software you have slows the whole system down. Before it used to be two conflicting antivirus software, or maybe a "system cleaner" trying to delete files it deemed useless while some other software tried to use those and had to create them again and again.

Some AMD GPU's have an issue with videoplayback and to avoid it, you need to disable video hardware acceleration from Edge-browser, Firefox and Chrome (any you have installed, if you use them or not)

0 Likes

Yes, I removed in safe mode and subsequently installed the latest AMD driver. 

I have two HDMI monitors running from the GPU's slots. Nothing attached to the mobo. 

I tried running two separate PCE cables from the PSU to the GPU's 8pin and 6pin connections. 

I don't run an antivirus software. I don't see any taxing programs running on Task Manager when I boot up a game. I have also disable the video hardware acceleration. 

Thank you for the effort but I'm not getting any better FPS.

0 Likes

"I don't run an antivirus software. I don't see any taxing programs running on Task Manager when I boot up a game."

They don't have to eat up CPU time or other resources, but can simply conflict with other software, so I would try running games so that there are no unnecessary background processes.

"I've read that I may need to update my PCIe driver? I don't know if that's a proper fix and I'm not sure how to do that."

Apparently Intel does not offer chipset drivers for download anymore, so you need to use what motherboard maker has to offer. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-B660-A/support#driver choose correct operating system, download, install

This should be pretty much the first driver you install/update before else.

EDIT: You might have to reinstall GPU driver again after this, not likely, but maybe.

0 Likes

Thank you for the follow up. 

No background processes are run during gameplay. 

I did install the latest driver via the link above. Didn't resolve the issue. 

I did a clean DDU remove of all drivers in safe mode using the HDMI mobo port and with no internet connection. I reinstalled my GPU using two separate PCE cables from the PSU and then reinstalled the latest AMD driver. No resolution. 

Here is a UserBenchmark report I ran earlier today. Screenshot 2023-01-13 095721.png

0 Likes