cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RedFox07
Journeyman III

Lost Ark Performance - 7900xtx

I understand that the 7900xtx is overkill for a game like lost ark however you wouldn't think so with the performance that I'm seeing when I'm playing.

At  1440P I'm actually seeing lower avg fps than I do when I play using virtual super resolution at 4K.  How does that make any sense whatsoever?  My system specs are:

7900XTX

5900x

32gb RAM

Game is running off WD Black 1TB SN850 NVME

although my peak fps is higher in 1440P during intense situations my fps will drop below 90 sometimes.. My GPU utilisation is hovering anywhere between 65 to 75% while my CPU is showing 5% utilisation and even monitoring individual core activity using task manager, my CPU is nowhere near 100%, so it can't be my CPU bottlenecking my GPU.  It also doesn't explain why if I play at 4K resolution in similar scenarios my fps doesn't drop below 100.  

And from a quick glance on this forum I don't seem to be the only person experiencing this kind of performance discrepancy not only in lost ark but other games as well.  I've tried clean reinstalling the drivers I've even reinstalled windows yet, the same performance issues remain.

There is absolutely no excuse for amd's flagship GPU to be dropping below 90FPS @ 1440p in an Unreal Engine 3 game.  Especially when its direct competitor; the 4080, in the exact same scenarios maintains an average fps of over 150fps AT 4K and upwards of sometimes 300fps at 1440p on a 5800X3D (there is no way I'm going to believe that the 5800X3D it's so God like at gaming that it would provide more than double the fps at 1440p over a 5900x).

https://youtu.be/zvlGuQYC5Dw

So what gives?  Why is the performance for lack of a better word, garbage.    

0 Likes
0 Replies