cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

User4572
Journeyman III

Is this card legit?

I picked this up on amazon last week. It was supposed to be an upgrade to my 570 but the performance sucks. I dropped from 55-60fps to 30-35fps. The only upgrade i got was more ram. Is this even a legit card?

20230814_122519.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

If GPU-Z is showing that you do have a SHOWKING GPU Card then according to Amazon it is the same as a RX580 2048SP GPU Card.

By the way, Amazon does show that you have a ShowKing RX 580 GPU card so it is almost the same as a RX570 GPU card but with a slightly higher Frequency.

This GPU card is specifically made for the Chinese market only and is less powerful than a normal RX580 and more similar to a RX570 GPU card than a RX 580 GPU card as per this gaming article: https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3405-amd-china-rx-580-2048-review-dataland

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Run GPU-Z and at the top upper right box "LOOKUP" click on that to see the actual GPU card you have installed.

It could be a Chinese Brand name made GPU card.

Also GPU-Z will tell you the name of the Vendor and type of GPU card you have and other important specs.

If it isn't installed in your computer than google the Model Number on the GPU card sticker or label.

NOTE: Where did  you purchase this GPU card from?  Ebay, Ali Express, Ali Baba, or some other Chinese vendor?

0 Likes

I got it from Amazon

If GPU-Z is showing that you do have a SHOWKING GPU Card then according to Amazon it is the same as a RX580 2048SP GPU Card.

By the way, Amazon does show that you have a ShowKing RX 580 GPU card so it is almost the same as a RX570 GPU card but with a slightly higher Frequency.

This GPU card is specifically made for the Chinese market only and is less powerful than a normal RX580 and more similar to a RX570 GPU card than a RX 580 GPU card as per this gaming article: https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3405-amd-china-rx-580-2048-review-dataland

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Looks like a kitbashed mining gpu. Return it.

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger