cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bundy714
Journeyman III

Integrated graphics stop working after loading AMD drivers

Just build a new PC with Ryzen 7800X3D.  I'm not ready to take my video card out of my old PC yet, so I'm using the integrated graphics.  The integrated graphics work great UNTIL I load AMD chipset drivers.  Then all I get is a black screen.  I've had to totally reinstall windows several times because it keeps happening.  I've tried loading the AMD chipset drivers from my motherboard manufacturer, and I get a black screen.  So....tried again, this time using chipset drivers from the official AMD site....black screen again.

WHY do AMD drivers break the integrated AMD graphics that work fine up until I break it by using crappy AMD drivers?  Everyone says one of the first things you should do is load the latest AMD chipset drivers, but the computer works fine until I load these **bleep** drivers.  Then I'm stuck with no video because AMD drivers break my integrated AMD graphics. This is frustrating as hell. This should NOT happen. 

EDIT:  I solved the black screen issue by booting into safe mode (not easy when you can't see anything) and from there was able to uninstall the AMD graphics drivers.  AMD graphics drivers seem to kill integrated AMD graphics.  Chipset drivers seem to be ok to use, but loading any graphics drivers seem to be a huge mistake.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Slimboy77
Journeyman III

Did this issue ever get sorted? Because I'm getting the exact same issue  

0 Likes