cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kevweokiti
Journeyman III

I have a black screen with Radeon RX 7800XT

Hi. I'm built my first pc with brand new components and when i switch it on monitor displays no signal from db. I noticed a red light flash once as i turned off the machine. When i googled this, it's an indicator that there is not enough power supply. My psu gives me 750w. The minimum watts is 700w. 

1. Is 750w enough?

2. Do i need a stronger psu?

4 Replies
lowteck
Miniboss

unplug the power supply and reseat everything GPU, memory, and power connectors.

and have you tried the onboard video?

your power supply is within the recommended specs. but what brand, or model is it?

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I tried that, disconnecting the power supply and gpu. I will disconnecting the memory.

The psu is corsair rm750e, atx 3.0 pcie 5.0

Not sure why you are providing this generic advice on obviously a very widespread consistent issue with these cards.

0 Likes

This is not a known or widespread problem. The OP is not getting any display at all from what I understood. For that, the suggestion to check the power and other connections, reseating the graphic card, and even trying on-board video to test the display/cable are all good diagnostic steps.

The issue that is indeed happening with a few people which you may be alluding to is the gray-screen, black screen random crashes on 7800XT which only happen once within a game after the PC has been recently started. After the crash it all works fine for hours. I posted about it today, In any case, it's a different problem.