cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BrandonBlo9
Journeyman III

How to remove back plate for AMD Sapphire Nitro+ Vapor X Radeon RX 7900 XTX GPU

How to remove back plate for AMD Sapphire Nitro+ Vapor X Radeon RX 7900 XTX GPU 

I'm currently in the process of taking apart my GPU listed in the title However I've taken off every screw I can see other than one that I can't access until other things are removed. However I can't pull the back plate free it seems as though there's two posts holding it down on opposite sides of the chip. The post have this circular saw blade look to them and they are flush with the back plate with nothing to screw them or pop them out. I've tried searching for this answer on so many different sites and platforms so I'm really hoping the reddit community can help me out thank you for your time everyone I look forward to hearing all responses! PS I'm liquid cooling the GPU that's why it's being disassembled. Lol

0 Likes
1 Reply

You would need to find a teardown vid/tutorial, maybe a TPU review, or an overclockers forum (overclock.net/overclockers.uk are a couple to try).

Of course try asking sapphire tech support (automatic void  warranty).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes