cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zaphodikus
Journeyman III

How to record Game launch and not get black

I'm imagining there is a deep technical reason why I have incorrectly configured the AMD screen recorder. I am pretty sure I used to be able to do this on other graphics cards.

I want a screenshot or a recording of the game launch to show a developer a bug that is in the loading screens but I encounter 2 problems with AMD adrenaline on a 6700XT. Windows 10.

1. Pressing the Adrenaline screenshot hotkey causes a screen refresh so screenshots of the game only show part of the screen updates not what the user sees during game launch (full-screen)

2. Starting a recording just before launching the game, gets me, yes you guessed it, 1 seconds of desktop followed by black , just black mp4 for 5 minutes.

Now I know the screen recording problem may be caused by mp4 container not handling encoding of resolution changes requiring a stream restart, thus just a black screen. But please tell me that what I'm wanting here is easy to do, if not I'm just going to go to OBS or something even more arcane. I just want to record my screen, windows screen recorder is just fundamentally busted here too.

0 Likes
0 Replies