I faced a problem that I have never encountered before

• Initial Configuration:

• Processor: Intel i5 10400f
    • Graphics Card: GTX 1060
    • Storage: 1 TB NVMe M.2 SSD, 2 x 750GB SATA SSDs
    • Memory: 32GB RAM
    • Power Supply: 450W
  • Issue:

• After installing a new AMD Radeon Sapphire Pulse Gaming RX 6600 graphics card, the processor temperatures have significantly increased.
    • The processor reaches over 80 degrees during simple tasks like opening Google, and nearly 90 degrees during gaming, whereas previously, temperatures remained between 50-60 degrees.
  • I've seen a few people recommending others to upgrade their PSU on forums but I don't see how a power supply that isn't powerful enough would cause the processor to overheat so I'm asking directly on the AMD site.
  • I reinstalled my gtx 1060 and the temperatures are correct again and everything is back to normal.

Thanks for helping

0 Likes
2 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, do you have a basic or stock a air cooler?

The new card will output much more heat than the 1060, this heat just beneath the CPU block could be heat soaking the cooler and raising the CPU temperature.

Specially with zero dB mode where the GPU will certainly reach 50s before the fans start to spin.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi, I have a basic cooler provided by Intel but I don't think the problem comes from the heat of the graphics card given that it is more or less at the same temperature as my gtx 1060, I especially noticed the CPU makes a lot more noise when the rx 6600 is installed and it has difficulty carrying out the slightest task like launching discord or anything. Even in the bios the CPU reaches 60°C which is far more than before where it was at 45 max. Thanks for the help

0 Likes