Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pantabya
Adept I

Help!

I'm having problems with my AMD Ryzen 7 4000H;

New WorldFpsChart035430.png

I'm getting bad FPS spikes in every game that I play where it sits at a high 80 or 90 for awhile then for no reason it drops down to 14. 

This picture is when me computer is idle with Opera and a few other small applications open.

image_2022-08-25_163558722.png

What can I do?

7 Replies
pantabya
Adept I

Trying to re-install the drivers and I get this: image_2022-08-25_170814408.png

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Are you trying to overwrite current drivers or are you installing new drivers? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I might have been overwriting.  I thought a fresh install would clean all the old stuff off.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I would check to see if your hardware is overheating using the AMD metrics overlay or the application, HWinfo64.

AMD metrics allow you to view temperatures and performance metrics in real time, while HWinfo64 will tell you the current, lowest, highest and average temperatures since the application was launched.

There is a thermal limit on most CPUs and GPUs. When a component reaches a certain temperature, it throttles down and reduces performance to keep the component from overheating and being damaged. 

I would try AMDs Metrics Overlay first, hot keys are "ctrl+shift+o", while gaming and keep an eye on temps. If that doesn't show any thermal issues, I would then then launch HWinfo64 and let the sensors run in the background while gaming.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
pantabya
Adept I

Okay I'll do that.. if this helps at all my computer bluescreened when I was installing the AMD Adrenaline software

0 Likes
pantabya
Adept I

Now I can't even get the game to run at above 10 fps .. 

After the computer bluescreened during Adrenaline Software update I tried installing again with a factory reset and it worked (no bluescreen) but my device manager is telling me the card won't even work now.

I'm going to download through windows update and get back to you.

image_2022-08-25_180644006.png1.png

0 Likes
pantabya
Adept I

I think it might be working now; downloaded ASUS software that controls my fans and have them set to maximum ; thanks for your help didn't think that my computer could be overheating.