cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kfj1875
Adept I

green screen useing Dirx12

I have a XFX Speedster Merc 319 RX6950XT GPU, Azus Tuff Gameing X570 mb, and 5800x CPU.  I have up dated all drivers and mother board bios. The whole system is water cooled and overclocked.

When ever I run a game using Dirx12 I end up at some point getting a green screen reboot.  If I have the option to run in Volcan or Dirx11 I have no issues.  This did not start happening until the last couple GPU software updates.  I tried removing the drivers and rolling back to older ones but the this did not fix the issue.

Can anyone help?  Is this a problem with the drivers?

0 Likes
1 Solution

So update. I replaced the PSU with a Corsair RM1000X but at the same time I also upgraded the CPU to a 5950X.

The problem is gone no more green screen!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

What power supply make/model? Are you running separate power cables from the power supply to each power input on you GPU?

Are you using any cable extenders INSIDE your case? ..ie .. PCIe riser cable, custom power cables ..etc

Do you get green screens when running stock? Maybe your OC's are not quite stable ... and DX12 features are pushing your components a little harder and over the edge

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I have tried running without an over clock and I am using separate cables to all connectors.

I had another green screen reset yesterday while playing BG3 using Volcan.

As I have a cheap Gamemax 1000W PSU, this is making me think that my PSU is becoming unstable at higher wattage loads or is overheating at higher loads. 

I have ordered a new Corsair RM1000X that I should have and installed by tomorrow.

I will update if this fixes the issue or not.

0 Likes

You can check out the PSU Tier List to get a general idea of how different make/model's of PSU's rate

https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

So update. I replaced the PSU with a Corsair RM1000X but at the same time I also upgraded the CPU to a 5950X.

The problem is gone no more green screen!

Noice!

Now get on outta here and get some gaming in!!11

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes