Journeyman III

Graphics card not running normally after launching a game

Hi y’all, 

I recently bought a computer with the following specs:

Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Gigabyte B650 X AX 

Radeon 7900XT

6000mhz DDR5 G.skill 

Everything was flawless up until my first launch of Modern Warfare 3. My system seemed to be running great, running COD at 165 frames consistently before my game froze causing my graphics card to crash. Not thinking too much of it, i relaunched Call of Duty to a fully different feeling game. My frames were around 40, the game looked terrible, and it ran terribly too. I made sure the game wasn’t in safe mode to ensure I was getting full utilization of my graphics card and system. Nothing seemed to work. 

I went on to launch Apex Legends to see if the problem was also occurring on other games and unfortunately it was. The first game I ever played on the system played was apex and checking the reports after playing showed I had excellent performance but also performing at a consistent 145fps with no issues. After the scenario on Call of Duty, I could barely stay at 130 with slight fuzziness everywhere on the map.

Does anyone have a possible fixes for this or any ideas as to why this may have happened? I read somewhere that clearing the cache and just resetting the graphics card entirely might help but I’m pretty clueless and could be saying something dumb. Looking for any help, thanks! 

0 Likes
0 Replies