cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sir_G
Journeyman III

GPU uses only 10 watts. Crashes under load.

Just got a RX 5500 XT GPU.  It worked fine for the first week with the most recent AMD drivers.  And then one day it started to constantly give the Driver Timeout error.  Not sure what changed.

Checking what power it is using and it is only using 5 watts on average.  Stress tests make it crash immediately.  Opening a game does the same.

PSU is 750W so that shouldn't be a problem.  Older H170 Pro Gaming motherboard, bios is all up to date.

Any ideas what the issue is?  It just seems like not enough power is getting there but there should be ample to spare.  I've tried changing the 8-pin connector with no change.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Sir_G
Journeyman III

Found a fix for my problem.  Saw a post on Reddit or somewhere like that which suggested using Tuning in the adrenaline software to lower the max frequency.  I lowered it by 10% and haven't had a problem since.

Not sure why it worked, but it did, games seem to play and look just fine.

0 Likes

Hi there!

I've been having the same problem for the past 2 weeks as well. My problem was solved when I "undervolted" a bit less aggressively than before. I still have the frequency at 2600 (6700XT GPU).

It is clearly something they changed with the new update, before it did not happened. Hopefully when the new version comes out, they will work better once again.

Regards - Kahlimdor -

0 Likes