Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

leskit
Journeyman III

Gigabyte 5700 xt OC routinely crashing

Hello,

I bought my Gigabyte 5700 xt OC in January and I've been experiencing intermittent crashes and BSODs when playing games - COD, death stranding, subnautica, ghost recon games, etc. Sometimes I can play for a few hours without a crash, sometimes it crashes less than a minute into starting a match, but it's been getting worse as the year has gone on. I've tried just about every 2020 gpu driver, some 2019 drivers, undervolting. Sometimes the game crashes and I get an error message. Cod give the error codes, Death Stranding gives me an access violation error readout, but sometimes they crash, the GPU turns off all display output and I have to restart the PC via the power button. I'm at my wits end for what to do. I'm planning on updating my mobo bios and try that this weekend. I've tried using everything from max to minimum graphics and haven't noticed a difference. I'm on a 1440p 75hz monitor. I also get CONSTANT mini freezes in Cod, lasting about 1/5th to 1/2 a second and really makes playing frustrating.

Ryzen 2600
Asus B-350-F gaming

16GB Gskill 3200mhz using xmp settings

Gigabyte 5700 xt OC

samsung 960 evo nvme boot drive

current drivers/software:

windows 10 version 1903 (the one after that prevented my 2nd monitor from showing at native resolution so I rolled it back)
amd driver 20.9.2

I'm at my wits end and playing games is just about can't play games. Ideas? I'll update if anyone needs additional info.

0 Likes
4 Replies
smen
Journeyman III

I think i'm having the same problem but with Asus TUF Gaming X3 Radeon RX 5700 XT

Depending on the game it can take 5 hours to crash or it can take about half an hour.

I'll play pc building simulator (don't judge me it's a dumb slow game that i play while i work) for close to 5 hours until it crashes my whole machine. Assassins creed unity will do it after about half an hour. I foud a driver crash entry in event viewer yesterday for my graphics.

i have a Micro-ATX Asus Prime B550M-A with AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Octa-Core cpu and Asus TUF Gaming X3 Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB OC Graphics card. I see no issues with overheating and i don't think it's a power issue because i have a Nox Urano VX 650W 80 PLUS.

Does anyone know what to do?

0 Likes
smen
Journeyman III

OK, just to update you all on what's happening, My pc stopped restarting on it's own and seems more stable after i tried updating the bios. It defenitely took longer to crash at least. RN the crash doesnt give me a black screen, it just freezes up. I don't know if this is the same problem or if i solved one and got to another. My event viewer isn't showing anything at the time of the crash right now. If i can't fix it i'll try a clean windows instal again and do an instal of the drivers with no AMD radeon software and report back on the results. Will also try a couple of different games because this one crash might just be an issue with that specific game. I'm testing if i solve it with avengers on max settings, will try with death stranding (one of the heaviest games i currently own) to see if it's better since avengers woulkd already crash on my old pc.

I’m having the same problem with gigabyte 5700xt

Did fix it or still having the problem?

0 Likes