cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sivanesh
Journeyman III

game crashes every 5 mins when i am playing

I have a continuous crash issue its been 4 months since I got my GPU its and rx 6950xt 16 GB. all my games are crashing every 5 mins when I play. I don't know where I went wrong with this. I tried all the methods.

reinstalled windows 

reinstalled bios 

reinstalled drivers 

uninstalled everything there and whatever could be done.

still I face this issue some one do help me 

0 Likes
5 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

You've owned the 6950XT for 4 months and since you installed it all your games crash after 5 minutes of play?

What are the full system specs including power supply?

How is the 6950XT cabled? 2 or 3 separate cables or daisy-chained?

Games crash to desktop or the entire PC crashes or BSOD and restart?

Any errors in Event Viewer?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

it's been 2 weeks since I played, and it keeps crashing every 5 to 10 minutes. but rarely I was able to play for 1 hour and not more than that. 

methods I tried to resolve, but no use...

1) new os 

2) reinstalled new bios 

uninstalled and formatted all my data and everything. it's full fresh and empty 

3) reinstalled graphics driver multiple times 

4) even tried uninstalling the driver from safe mode and reinstalling it 

Pc spec

16x16 = 32 gb ram dd5 ( gskill)

1 TB SSD (bx500)

intel i7 13th gen 

power supply 850v2 full modular gold ( cooler master )

liquid cooling - msi c240 

total 9 fans on PC 

the temperature while playing 75 to 90 ... but sometimes it goes till 95 

the temperature while idle is 47 to 55

0 Likes

intel i7 13th gen 

Are those temperatures for the CPU or GPU? Have you considered the issue with 13th and 14th gen i7/i9 processors being unstable due to motherboard default power settings being too high?

https://www.anandtech.com/show/21374/intel-issues-request-to-mobo-vendors-to-use-stock-power-setting...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/asrock/intel-baseline-profile-bios-update

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
sivanesh
Journeyman III

I meant GPU temperature and  I have tried changing my bios settings but no changes it still crashes ......do you know any other solution?

0 Likes

1. CMOS reset your motherboard and ensure latest non-beta BIOS are installed
  2. Disable XMP
  3. Verify your RAM kit is on your motherboard's QVL list for your CPU.
  4. Remove and reseat your RAM. Ensure they are in the correct slots. Sometimes, if RAM isn't fully seated or seating properly, it can cause issues.
  5. Verify your RAM isn't faulty by running MemTest86 (this can take a few hours depending how much RAM you have).
  6. Ensure your CPU cooler isn't over-tightened. If it's over-tightened, it can cause BSODs, crashes, etc.
  7. Are you using a CPU contact frame? If this is over-tightened it can cause BSODs, crashes, etc.
  8. Make sure your GPU is connected with separate, correct PSU cables. Ensure the cables are connected in the correct direction.
  9. If you have Adrenalin, ensure your Max GPU Clock Frequency isn't set higher than your card's specification. If it is, reduce it no higher than what's listed on the specification sheet.
  10. Try DDU / AMD Cleanup Utility and installing an older version like 23.12.1 or 23.11.x. I had to install 23.12.1 and disable Resizable BAR in BIOS for stability on my RX 6800.

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes