Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Penicillin
Journeyman III

Frame drops rx 6600

Hello guys.

So basically i have an issue with my PC. Last year i bought a prebuilt and lately I realised that there were performance issues and fps stutters/drops in League of Legends mostly.

I tried overclocking and putting my frequencies 2600min and 2700max with 1900vram and 1080mv undervolt.

Most of the issues come within playing League of Legends,my fps starts high but then throughout the game it goes from 165(where i lock it to due to 165hz monitor) all the way down to 90-100 and the game feels heavy/choppy. 

I tried uninstalling amd chipset drivers,uninstalling amd adrenaline.
I tried uninstalling completely with DDU in safe mode (twice to be sure).
I tried turning of ULPS in Afterburner.
I updated my bios to the latest version.
I tried disabling TPM.
I tried installing drivers only without amd adrenaline.
I even tried downloading chipset manually from the manufacturer since i realised that the ones i was using were older version.
I even unplugged my USB 3.0 from the motherboard because i read somewhere it can cause issues.

And none of these solutions have made any change.

I've been monitoring my GPU and CPU temps,the gpu goes from 40 degrees to 60 at highest,but cpu fluctuates from 40 to 70 degrees. I did realise tho that my GPU frequency is all over the place,even tho i force my game to highest settings and. I did also try playing the game at lowest settings,turning down everything i can..but i just feel like my pc can handle more and i think im not understanding something. I'd highly appreciate any help here are my specs.

The things i have plugged in are keyboard,mouse,ethernet,headset (on usb)

MOBO: B450M ver 6.3
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 sapphire 8gb GDDR6
RAM: 2x16gb FURY at 3200mhz(OC) XMP Enabled
CPU: Ryzen 5 5500 (stock cooler)
PSU: ZEUS ATX ZUS-FOR600S 80+ BRONZE 600w
SSD: 1TB M2 NVME KINGSTON SNV2S1000G
FANS :1 at the back 120mm,3 at the front 120mm
1st monitor : Zeus 23.8 gaming ZUS238GMG 1920x1080 full hd 165hz/1ms (DP cable) with FreeSync.
2nd monitor: One of the older LG versions idk exactly but its 19inch on 75hz (vga-hdmi transition cable)

0 Likes
0 Replies