For some reason everytime I load up the game. I have between 40-60 fps. Everytime I am close to a monument or a in a gun fight my fps start to drop and sometimes even stay on 20-30fps. I don't think it should happen with a GPU like this. It may be 4 years old, but it should be able to handle Rust. The game isn't even in High settings. Everything is set ln low except Draw Distance which is at max. (2.500).
Here are the things I already tried:
- Clean DDU and drive reinstall
- OC my GPU and CPU
- Using a start code to let Rust use multiple Cores and let it use more ram
- Reinstalled Windows
- Tweaking with MSI Afterburner
- Optimized Windows (Editing Power Plant etc.)
- Tried it with closed Background applications
- Deactiveted Anti Virus
- Verified Game files
- Verified Windows files
- Updated all my Drivers
- Reinstalled Rust
- Tweaked around in my BIOS (D.O.C.P Profile activated/Turning off Auto Voltage)
- Playing Rust with ISLC
I just don't know what to do anymore. It's really annoying to play the game with constant Frame drops and Low performance.
Here are my specs:
- 1920x1080 (FHD) Samsung Monitor with Freesync (72hz)
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Stock cooler) (Stable 1.3V/ Base: 3.4Ghz /
- G.skill Aegis CL16 2x8GB (16GB) 3000mhz ram kit
- Asus Prime B450M-A
- AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB (Red Devil Golden Sample OC) 1425mhz Core 2000mhz Memory
- SanDisk 240GB SSD + Seagate Baracuda 1TB HDD (The game is on the SSD)
- Windows 10 Home
If you need more info please let me know.
Can you try uninstalling MSI Afterburner to get rid of all extra settings to your gpu. Then go to radeon settings > global settings and reset Global Graphics and Global Wattman to default settings?
I had the same problem with Z390 and 6000 GPU. I could fix it by choosing the "Load optimized defaults" option (F6 at mine) at boot time because the BIOS somehow got upset after a system crash.
Hey, I changed my CPU and everything got bit better, but after sometime it started again. This time even worse. Sometimes the PC just randomly freezes like it's getting overloaded and than the screen goes black. Tried DDU and all the other methods, but no success. Hope there is a way to fix this. Currently I am on 22.11.2