cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rayrblox
Journeyman III

Fortnite: The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues in D3D12.

The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues in D3D12.
Please install the recommended driver version or switch to a different rendering API.

AMD Radeon RX 580 2048SP
Installed: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.3.1
Recommended: 24.3.1 or latest driver available

Fortnite: How do I fix? It said I have 24.3.1 installed but recommended is 24.3.1, which I have. After I get to "Fetching dynamics" in the loading, it just freezes and shows that message after.

1 Solution
Neirtrid
Journeyman III

Open epic games launcher, and force fornite to use directX 11, fornite would open normally, then go to fornite video config and change to performance mode, that would let you play until amd fix it

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
larsepsen
Journeyman III

I'm dealing with the same problem as you, do you have any solution? 

Gravy4
Adept I

The same thing is happening to me

0 Likes
Timpie
Adept I

have the same problem, maybe it's because of the differend Driver Store Version ?

rdna based driver is version: 31.0.24027.1012 (23.40.27.01)

polaris/vega driver is version: 31.0.21912.14 (23.19.12)

yet they are both the new 24.3.1 release...

0 Likes
Neirtrid
Journeyman III

Open epic games launcher, and force fornite to use directX 11, fornite would open normally, then go to fornite video config and change to performance mode, that would let you play until amd fix it

0 Likes

i can play perfectly fine on DX12 though, dispite that driver message at fortnite loading screen appearing, i just click "no" and it continues loading in to the game just fine, it's only annoying that driver popup keeps on showing even if the release version is the same...

0 Likes

How do I force Fortnite to use directx11?

0 Likes

Thanks, Man! It worked for me.

0 Likes
bluesadam
Elite

Something tells me it's because Polaris is pretty much a legacy generation so Epic Games isn't updating their recommended driver version for that generation GPUs. So although your driver is the newest version, as far as Fortnite is concerned it is an unknown driver version.

Might be totally wrong though.