cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

aminadabcruz
Journeyman III

Flashes on screen with RX 6700 XT

Hi. I have an old rx 500xt graphic card that I was using with another computer, but since I bought a new one computer and a new graphic card I decided to use the rx 5700xt in my new computer. When it was in the old computer it never presented this problem, the problem is that, when the rx5700xt is mounted in my system the screen flashes in white every other time in very specific cases, the flash is pretty fast and it covers all the screen, obviously being annoying. These are the caracteristics of it; it doesn't happen in the usual games I play (simulation and citybuilder), besides my monitor is not a gamer monitor so I have problems of tearing in modern games but not flashing; it happens when I'm scrolling in websites like Facebook or Twitter; it happens when I make bigger a video in YouTube; when I'm visiting other websites or using other apps in Windows it doesn't happen so often, maybe only opening a new website. I tried using my PC without the Graphic Car, and when the graphic card is not connected the problem is not presented, but when the gpu is connected it doesn't matter if I connect the monitor to the iGPU or to the AMD GPU, it still happening. Besides, my GPU is bent, I counldn't say if it's a lot, but you can see it at first gaze, I don't know if is related. I will list my components in order to get a better aproximation to my set up. Thank you.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • model; MSI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 11 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • AMD Software Adrenalin Edition Version 23.4.3
  • Display Devices
    • Samsung ls27a800unnxza 27'' 4K @60hz using DP 1.4
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • model; MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI (MS-7E06)
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel Core i7 13700K
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • GameMax 850W 80+ Gold
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; T-Force 32GB @5600MHz 
3 Replies
Autreen
Journeyman III

Have you ensured that the display port cable is in good condition without any kinks?

EXTREMEBADASS
Journeyman III

Try another display port cable

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I get the same black flash screen at times, usually when looking at system settings and file explorer etc..

I think it is something to with either the AMD drivers or Win 11..

Before upgrading to the latest Recommended drivers, I didn't get the flashes..

This is in the driver notes: 

• Brief display corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6700 XT.

I don't get this happen, but makes me think that it is related somehow..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes