cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

John6
Journeyman III

Error 184 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as Your Current Operating System Is Not Supported

I assembled a computer on my own and im slowly but surely losing my mind, there we so many problems and now i finally got everything set up and the only thing thats missing is the radeon software. I can install it but then this Problem pops up:

Error 184 – Radeon Software Install Cannot Proceed as Your Current Operating System Is Not Supported

My Setup:

1. AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6x 3.70GHz So.AM4 BOX

2. MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus AMD B550 So.AM4 Dual Channel DDR4 ATX

3. 16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws V schwarz DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit

4. 8GB MSI Radeon RX 6600XT MECH 2X OCV1 DDR6

5. 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3 3D-NAND TLC (MZ-V7S500BW)

6. 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute ST2000DM008 7.200U/min 256MB 3.5" (8.9cm) SATA 6Gb/s

7. 750 Watt be quiet! Straight Power 11 Modular 80+ Gold

Windows 10

I know that there was a simular question in the forum, but i have no idea what i have to do to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ThreeDee
Paragon

Make sure your BIOS is up to date on your motherboard

Make sure you have Windows 10 fully updated (what version of Windows 10 are you running? Home? Pro? Educational?)

Make sure you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Make sure your memory is installed in slots A2/B2 (2nd and 4th slots away from CPU socket) 

Make sure XMP is enabled to take advantage of the rated speed of your RAM

..and lastly .. Make sure you are grabbing the Windows 10 GPU drivers from AMD.com 

ThreeDee PC specs

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Make sure your BIOS is up to date on your motherboard

Make sure you have Windows 10 fully updated (what version of Windows 10 are you running? Home? Pro? Educational?)

Make sure you have the latest AM4 chipset drivers installed from AMD.com

Make sure your memory is installed in slots A2/B2 (2nd and 4th slots away from CPU socket) 

Make sure XMP is enabled to take advantage of the rated speed of your RAM

..and lastly .. Make sure you are grabbing the Windows 10 GPU drivers from AMD.com 

ThreeDee PC specs
fsadough

You forgot most important infos:

1. What is the system BIOS version? 
  2. Is AMD Chipset driver installed?
  3. Which Windows 10? Build and version?
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Most likely, you downloaded a video card driver not for your operating system.(for example, you have windows 10, and you downloaded for windows 11)

0 Likes
John6
Journeyman III

I forgot to mention, i have Windows 10 Pro and i used the Software from Radeon for Windows 10.

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Try running sfc/ scannow as administrator under Command Prompt. 

This will find and repair any corrupt or missing windows files.

Right click start menu and click run type in (dxdiag) this will check all your DX files and their associated drivers. If any errors are found it should repair them if it can't repair it will provide information on how best to troubleshoot the issue.

Try to clear your CMOS. Do this by shutting down your PC unplug power cable Hold down power button for 10 to 15 seconds helps to discharge stored electrical charge in PC hardware. Remove CMOS battery (looks just like an old school watch battery) silver colored flat disk shaped size of a dime nickel or quarter for about 10 to 15 seconds.

Replace CMOS battery Plug in power cord and boot back up and test to see if issue has cleared.

Also Clear all windows update cache and go to your GPU driver download folder and delete all old driver versions stored there.

Make sure to restart PC after you perform each software function to clear any errors that may have been created during each process.

One other thing have you ever gotten an error when trying to update windows 10 that blocked your updates from downloading?  

0 Likes