cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dukededv
Journeyman III

Driver keeps going into timeouts. Especially consistent when the first game gets started.

I did a clean gpu drivers wipe with DDU last time because something messed up with my valorant resolution and my gpu drivers looks related to the problem. And now im sticking to 21.10.2. Gladly it was fixed.

But its already weeks now since its its happening and always happens everytime. i'm just busy to find the actual problem and fix it. So im gonna try posting here. 

My screen will always go black then timeout dialogue box with the amd drivers after, and this always happens consistently everytime I open the first game every boot up.

dukededv_0-1639613511778.png

specs:
rx 5500 xt
Ryzen 5 2600
msi a320m pro-e

Do you have any ideas?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Gutter85
Adept I

This seems to be a widespread problem that AMD is failing to address.  Depending on what you are trying to play try using the AMD cleanup utility to remove the new drivers and try installing version 21.8.2 or earlier.  I was able to stop the constant crashes but can't play BF 2042

Anonymous
Not applicable

The graphics engine of Battlefield 2042 is under all pig. I didn't get past optimization when the game started, then game based crash. I won't buy the game. It was better when the graphics settings could be changed before the actual start. If you don't even get to the settings when starting the game, what should you do with it? Similar problems with Horizon Forza 5 have been fixed and it runs smoothly for me without any problems. BT 2042 was subject to a crash from the start, but the patches do not contribute to general problem solving.
I just discovered that the 1080 or 1440 is not recommended with my RX5700XT. Then the game is only for such expensive graphics cards, I can't and won't afford that.

0 Likes

I'm playing mostly Genshin Impact and Valorant. And it will always crash on first launch only.  I am already on 21.5.2 and its stil happening sadly.

0 Likes