cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

robbish
Journeyman III

Does Radeon Pro WX 3200 support HBR3?

I know HBR3 is part of the DisplayPort 1.4 spec, and that this card has 4xDP1.4. outputs, but does it actually transmit using HB3 or is it using HB2?

I can't find this information together with more detailed specs anywhere. It's not in the datasheet (PDF) and it's not in the online spec. There's more or less no information on supported refresh rates, resolutions and display output support detail.

Previously I assumed DP.14=HBR3. But two things changed that.

1. This post concludes that WX 3200 does not support DSC, that technically is also is supported in the DP1.4 standard
  2. I've seen quite a few display driver/control boards specifying DP1.4 support but limited to HBR2.

Background/Goal: I'm planning to buy four 3840x2400@60Hz 8-bit 10-bit monitors (display panel: eDP1.4b , HBR3 (8.1G/lane) . I can run that setup using HBR3, while HBR2 is limited to 3840x2160@60Hz using CVT-RB or CVT-RBv2 timings. Confirmed using this Video Timings Calculator. If these monitors i.e. panels and control boards support other timings is unknown to me. While googling like a maniac to find the answer for my question I found a post about changing the timings in the Radeon Pro software/driver, so if the monitors would support other timings than standard CVT that could be a way around it.

I bought this card just for this build and to run these monitors, in worst case I need to return it and go for the much more expensive Nvidia T1000, that is the same size and for sure will run this setup.

0 Likes
1 Solution
fsadough

WX3200 has 4x DP 1.4 with HBR3 support. You should be able to run 4x 3840x2400@60Hz 10bit monitors, provided that you have the right cables.  We started with DSC support with our Navi generation (W5500 and above).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
fsadough

WX3200 has 4x DP 1.4 with HBR3 support. You should be able to run 4x 3840x2400@60Hz 10bit monitors, provided that you have the right cables.  We started with DSC support with our Navi generation (W5500 and above).

Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated.

0 Likes