cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jdoug312
Journeyman III

Display resizes each time the screen turns on

I purchased the 6700xt Starfield Bundle in late August or early September. Ever since then, I've been having a issue that surfaces each time the display turns off (either when I turn on the PC from a powered-down state, or when my "Turn off the display" power save option kicks in). I can temporarily solve the issue by changing the HDMI Scaling option in AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition, but the problem is that no matter the setting, an issue occurs. The two settings that work for me are HDMI Scaling at 0% and at 4%.

If when I turn on the PC, my HDMI Scaling is on 0%, the display runs off the screen, like my monitor is too small to fit the display. When this is the case, turning HDMI Scaling to 4% gives me the perfect screen. If, however, my HDMI Scaling is on 4% when I turn on my PC, the display is too small for my screen. When this is the case, turning HDMI Scaling to 0% once again gives me the perfect screen. As mentioned, this remains the case until either the power save option turns my display off, or until I turn off my PC. In either case, I have to alternate the scaling to either 0% or 4%, whichever setting I don't currently have active.

I am on Windows 11 Home edition. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply
jdoug312
Journeyman III

Well sheesh

0 Likes