cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

proudrooster
Journeyman III

Display Port Gives Black Screen No Signal on Dell U2415 Monitor with RX 6600 XT

I have a new AMD 6600 XT connected to a Dell U2415 Monitor using an 8K Capable Display Port Cable and get NO SIGNAL, BLACK SCREEN.

The display port input will work when connected to a Mac but not on  a Windows 10 PC with an AMD 6600 XT.

To resolve the issue I have tried multiple cables and get the same result each time.   

The 6600 XT works fine with the Display Port to VGA/HDMI adapters but will not work with a straight through display port cable.  I appreciate any ideas.  I am trying to move to display port cables since they are supposed to be superior to HDMI but NO SIGNAL. 

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Reply
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

According to the manual for your monitor 

Dell UltraSharp U2415 User’s Guide

it is not clear if the monitor auto detects which video input port to use, so I would go into the monitor settings and manually select the video input to be DisplayPort and make sure to enable the DisplayPort 1.2 setting.

As I understand it DisplayPort 1.4a is not backward compatible with DisplayPort 1.1 and earlier.  Happy to be corrected if I am wrong on that though.  Refer to page 43 in the monitor manual on the Display Port settings. 

Best of luck

Craig

0 Likes