cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SloppyToppy
Journeyman III

Display crashes since installing 7900XT

Ever since installing my 7900XT, running certain games has been a pain. It seems that graphically intense games are more so the issue, but I've also had issues on games that I wouldn't deem so. It causes my display to cut out, and the only option I have is to reset my entire system, or unplug it from the wall. It seems to even disable the power switch. 

I've made sure all drivers are updated, windows is updated, and even made sure to update my bios to the most recent option.

My system is:

GPU: 7900XT

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max.

PSU: 1000W

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

RAM: 32gb of DDR4 

I'm really reaching my last straw here, the performance of this card is fantastic, when fully functional. But with this crashes when I try to push it, I really just want to send it back to AMD. 

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Have you tried using DDU or the AMD cleanup Utility and then reinstall the drivers? What GPU did you have prior to the 7900 XT?

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
SloppyToppy
Journeyman III

I used DDU. To completely uninstall all Nvidia drivers. (Last GPU was a 2070super). I’ve tried every driver option that I can find available, and almost any tips and tricks I’ve found on youtube. 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Are you using 2 separate cables to supply power to the GPU? 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
SloppyToppy
Journeyman III

Yes, that was one of the solutions that I tried previously. I used to have it daisy chained, but now it is two separate cables. 

0 Likes