cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Aria__
Adept II

Diablo 4 crashing on 7900XTX

It happens after an extended period of game time or when alt+tab'ing is frequent. First, hiccups happen for a shorter period of time and go away, until they turn into a freeze with an unresponsive screen, followed by a black screen and game crash/driver timeout simultaneously.

The game does have a VRAM hogging issue, so that might as well be the issue, but I figured it's worth a post here just in case the problem is on driver-side, as amdwddmg stops working in event viewer.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming

Cpu: Ryzen 7 5800x3D

Ram: G-Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600mhz CL 16
Driver: Adrenalin Edition 23.7.2
Monitor: 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 LC32G75TQSMXUF

4 Replies
gilardes
Adept II

Well, it is terrible to hear that the VRAM hogging issue never got fixed. It was there when I played during the first closed beta, and it obviously still persists.

I put the blame partly on Blizz though. Back then, a whole lot of people reported the issue. And Blizz promised to look into it. Talk about underdelivering.

This cannot be purely a driver issue. Or else we would see the same happening with a bunch of other games too.

I think so too, but with the driver also crashing, thought it was worth a shot putting it here just in case it's a combination of both like it was the case for Ratchet and Clank.

0 Likes
T1000
Journeyman III

Aria,
I have the same problem, also with the 7900 XTX. How did you solve the problem?
Thank you.

0 Likes

It naturally went away with updates, if you are running an overclock or undervolt, it can cause this too, so make sure you have the card stable.Hope this helps, I'm off for work

0 Likes