Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Desperate, need Vega 56/64 GPU tension X / backplate!

Hello all, I'm desperate at this point and don't know what to do.
I have a used Vega 64 that is performing well but the previous owner had it water cooled and lost the X-bracket / tension bracket that holds the heat sink to the GPU.

I have spring loaded screws holding it on currently and it does ok for a while but eventually with heat cycles it sags / looses contact and I have to re-paste it.

I'd love to be able to get a factory bracket but can't find one anywhere to purchase.

The card manufacture and AMD both have said they can't help me..  Does anyone have one with the accompanying screws they'd be willing to part with?

4 Replies
Adept III

a tip.. you can buy a defective graphics card with an x-bracket on it.
Maybe try to visit facebook marketplace and make an add saying you want to buy a defective graphics card and then explain your situation and maybe someone can help you.

I've been looking but the one that I did find for "parts" was almost $100. I've also messaged a few on FB marketplace.


Rarely does anyone sell parts to a GPU unless it is the Fan but found this European store that sells customized Vega 64 Back-plates or you can use the Vega 64 Reference back-plate:

Screenshot 2021-02-15 072732.png

Here ColdZero International website, seems to be a legitimate company that does ship to the USA from reviews from other Users who purchased from them:

Screenshot 2021-02-15 072732.png


NOTE: I have no idea if this place is a reputable honest store or shop. But maybe if you contact them they might be able to tell you another place in the USA that has similar or same products as them if it is too expensive to purchase from them.



I may have misspoke on saying need backplate, that's what I was calling the gpu tension bracket