cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Potato445
Journeyman III

computer crashing when starting gpu intensive games

I recently upgraded my system from a 1060 to a 7900 xt. I was excited as it was a significant upgrade that was a long time coming. I also upgraded my power supply from a 750w to a 1000w platinum-rated one. However, I'm expiring problems when trying to run more recent and more GPU-intensive games on my system where the PC will just restart almost instantly after launching. then when I open adrenalin it will show the error "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure”. this only happens in some games. for example games like csgo and valorant run fine and other titles like arkham city and gta 5 run fine (Gta surprised me based on the other games that didn't run) but trying to run games like apex watch dogs 2 and battlefield 2042 (ye idk why I bought it either) cause my system to restart almost instantly. open to any suggestions have tried some troubleshooting myself like reinstalling drivers cleaning my PC restoring windows or changing power plans and checking for corrupeted windows files and display files. no idea what to try at this point could just be a fact of there's something wrong with the GPU or power supply

System:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

32.0 GB RAM

Name: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Memory: 20.0 GB
Driver date: 06/01/2023
Driver version: 31.0.14000.62003

Windows 10 64 bit

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING X570-PLUS

Corsair HX1000 

0 Likes
1 Reply
GasikG
Adept II

Hi bro. First check temperatures in moment when game is crash. You can use gpu-z free software in page with sensors. After check windows health monitor, what error have there?

0 Likes