cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

twinner69
Journeyman III

Computer crashes to black screen and the fans turn on at 100% (assuming since they're very loud), have to manually turn off to restart. Happens now and again while playing games, but very random.

I have a MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8GB card, with a ASUS ROG Strix B350F Gaming motherboard, Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 Ghz cpu, 1TB m.2 SSD drive, and 16 gb Corsair DDR4 3000 RAM. Every now and then my pc will crash to a black screen and the video card fan will turn on very loudly, I'm assuming 100% speed. It seems to only happen while playing a video game. I have to hit the power button in order to restart my computer, control+alt+delete have no effect. I'm not sure what the cause is, but other similar posts seem to believe it's the driver. Has anyone experienced this issue and solved it? 

0 Likes
1 Reply

Perhaps card is being overtaxed with too many other apps/browsers/websites open (minimized), or some game settings ?

You can do some other basic troubleshooting,

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes