cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eeriehedgehog
Journeyman III

Black blinks when using Chrome

I recently changed my Graphics and PSU and started experiencing weird screen blinks.

They often happen during screenshare in Google Meet or/and when using Figma/Figjam. I can easily reproduce it now if I load Google Meet with my camera + background blur by Meet and open a big FigJam file.

Worth mentioning, that I don't get any issues when playing Apex Legends, Genshin Impact, or other games.

I used to get "We can’t open this file because WebGL isn’t supported, or is disabled, in your browser. If your browser supports WebGL, check out the help article to find out how to enable it.", which is weird since before the blink files were opening just fine. Recently, I stopped seeing this error but I do experience terrible performance when using Figma. Browser restart fixes it, which makes me suspect something like WebGL crashes.

Whenever the issue occurs, it usually takes about 3-4 seconds total and has about 2 or 3 black blinks, that look as if you accidentally unplugged the monitor hdmi/dp. It happens to both of my monitors at the same time.

PC:
B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT / 16GB GDDR6
MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 UK PSU 850W 80 Plus Gold15:54
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
32.0 GB RAM

What I have tried so far:
- Reinstalled graphics card drivers
- Reinstalled Windows and installed all the drivers again.

I'm not very tech-experienced, so I'm asking for your help in understanding what's wrong and resolving it.

0 Likes
0 Replies