Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DieterUnruh
Journeyman III

AMD screen recorder Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, complete system crash

Hello all,

I'm new here, unfortunately my English is bad, I'll try translator!

It's about Microsoft Flight Simulator. My 4K monitor has a resolution 3200x1800, in MSFS resolution is also set to 3200x1800.

I wanted to test the screen recorder function of "AMD Radeon Software" while MSFS is running and after starting the recording the monitor went off all of a sudden and that was it, nothing worked anymore, complete system crash.

After that I adjusted the video settings in the "AMD Radeon Software" and reduced the FPS from 60 to 30. Again MSFS started, recording started with the same result, additionally the PC fan started and I could not turn off the PC at all. Only after about 45 seconds I could force the PC off.

So the whole thing looks to me like maybe the high resolution in MSFS (3200x1800) is somehow not compatible with the recording settings. I also don't want to experiment too much, because I don't know if my brand new AMD Radeon 6800 will survive the next attempt.

I can record everything else with this program without any problems, just not the MSFS!

here is a picture with settings

can someone help me please?

Info for my PC:

I7-8086K 4,5 GHz, AMD Radeon RX 6800 16GB, 960SSD, 32GB RAM, 700W beQuiet Netzteil, 4K Monitor 3200x1800, Windows10 Pro.

Dieter Unruh

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Likes
0 Replies