Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

martin5778
Journeyman III

AMD Radeon pro 560x GPU Clock drops

Hi team,

I'm new here and I ran into an issue concerning AMD Radeon pro 560x. I did some graphic card tuning (based on some tutorials...) and I'm running bootcamp on MacBookPro 15-inch, 2019 (2.3 GHz 8 core Intel Core i9, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB, 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4). I'm recently trying to do some tuning in CPU and GPU to make gaming a bit more comfortable, so I did some tuning on Quick CPU and MSI Afterburner. Compared to previous performance, it was a lot better when the clock speed is around 1000MHz, but after around 5 minutes or so in-game, the clock speed suddenly drops significantly and could even reach around 214MHz (which, is the p0 state) , which causes severe lagging and low fps. However, it is possible to recover to around 70% of its peak clock speed after the lagging (but the game runs at an average fps of around 24.5, accroding to the reports of my AMD software) I'm using driver version Adrenalin October 2023 edition (23.9.3), and some details of the tuning are appended below. If you need any more information to resolve this issue please feel free to contact me and I will provide information as much as I can. Thanks for your support! 

MSI afterburner tuningMSI afterburner tuning

version of AMD softwareversion of AMD software

system specssystem specs

1add2e84ca1356df4bfd1cbf2ec5e945.png

6dacbd3efe329311cc8ee69666b643a7.png

e529ab2ca9f253e4355c7bd566e77433.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

What is the temperature when that happens? The card could be throttling to conserve itself from damage.

The Englishman
0 Likes

it's about 88 celsius degrees.

0 Likes

I'm not very knowlegeable about that specific model, since you are running a Mac. I don't even know its safe operating limits but 88 is too high and out of my comfort zone for any Polaris card.

I would assume, without any certainty, it could be peaking higher than that value and then throttles back to safety.

The Englishman
0 Likes