cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

CallmeRyzen
Adept I

AMD 7900xtx Crashing While Playing Warzone 3 - Need Help!

Hello everyone,

I’ve been experiencing an issue with my AMD 7900xtx graphics card while playing Warzone 3. Despite getting good FPS, my game crashes frequently. I’ve tried several solutions including formatting my PC, reinstalling Windows, and updating all my drivers, but the issue persists.

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that the crashes are accompanied by a DirectX Error (Error Code: 0x887A0005). I’ve attached a screenshot of the error message for reference. I’ve tried reaching out to the support link provided in the error message, but I thought it would be beneficial to seek assistance or insights from this community as well.

Additionally, I’ve observed that the problem reoccurs when I receive a notification from Discord. I’ve turned off all overlays, including Discord overlays, and even turned off all notifications, but the issue still persists.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue? Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

a7b4ebb4-64a6-4d46-8be7-e3f9cefae9b9.png

15 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

It is ironic when I open a search bar and type "call of duty error 0x" it auto-fills in the 887a0005

So it seems this is a known and very common issue. Reading through a few of the links it is not tied to any particular graphics card or platform but is a bug in the game. There are many claims for remedies that involve config file edits, Windows settings or registry hacks with mixed results, some say it fixes, some say doesn't work, so YMMV.

Good luck!

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
c1ncyn15m0
Journeyman III

At least you get an error, my PC full crashes. I have the 7900xtx as well, with 3700X and MW3 runs so great but Warzone crashes every time I get loaded into the match. I did revert back to Driver 23.10.2 (this is the recommended driver from Activision) and it did work for a few matches but crashed again this morning. I would try the previous driver if you haven't and see if that helps?

0 Likes
CallmeRyzen
Adept I

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to tweak some background apps recently and noticed an issue whenever I receive a notification from Discord. It seems that every time I receive a notification, this error occurs. I use two monitors, and Discord is on my second monitor. To troubleshoot, I turned off all notifications and minimized Discord instead of having it in full screen, thinking it might solve the problem. However, this didn't help, and it's puzzling that every time I get a notification, the game crashes.

So far, I haven't found a solution to this issue. Fortunately, I haven't encountered any other problems with other games or performance issues; everything else seems to be working fine. For reference, my components are a 13th-generation i9-13900k processor and 64GB of DDR5 RAM, RTX 7900xtx.

Thank you all for your assistance.

0 Likes

Have turned off SAM (Resizeable Bar) in the BIOS?

0 Likes

Turning off the resizable bar could dramatically drop performance, so I wouldn't recommend disabling that option for this game alone. However, I've found a temporary solution: quitting the game and launching it again after each session seems to help, though it's not ideal. It's worth noting that this game isn't optimized for PC. I'm considering rolling back to the previous AMD update since I didn't encounter any issues with it. I'll try that and see how it goes.

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

Hi you are not alone,

many people claiming this error (including me) since the season 2 big patch.

Also big streamer having this problem!

BUT only with AMD graphic cards.

i also tried many different things without any solution so far.

- different graphic driver version ( also modded community driver) didnt help

- trying directx reinstalling

- re downloading the complete game

- different vram goal settings ingame

- limiting fps to 144

- turn of undervolting / OC

- turn of ram OC

- turn of CPU OC

--------------

I had never Dev erros / bluescreens or something else before the update season2.

@ AMD Team can u please get in contact with activsion so solve this problem with directx?

directx.JPG

0 Likes
CallmeRyzen
Adept I

I am thrilled to share that I have successfully resolved a persistent issue today. For the past few days, I encountered frequent crashes, occurring every 10-15 minutes after launching my system. This problem became particularly frustrating when attempting to play a demanding new game that demanded significant GPU power. Every 5 minutes, the entire screen would crash, disrupting my gaming experience.

After careful investigation, I concluded that the issue wasn't solely attributed to the game, but rather to a recent update from AMD. Determined to find a solution, I decided to roll back my drivers. This proactive step proved to be incredibly effective. I have now spent a solid 3 hours immersed in gameplay, including sessions with my new game, without encountering a single issue.

It's worth noting that while AMD produces commendable GPUs, there seems to be room for improvement in their driver updates. If any of you are facing similar challenges or require assistance with rolling back drivers, don't hesitate to reach out. I'm more than happy to share my insights and guide you through the process. 

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer, but i can tell u, that just rolling back to an old driver does not solve the problem.

I Tried 3 different driver Versions, 

With all 3 i still have the directx error, the difference is just the frequency how long i can play until the next crash happens.

Sometime i can play 5 hours without crash, sometimes i get the directx error 2 Times in the same round.

My spec:

Amd 5900x + 6800xt 

Does someone has the problem  with Intel cpu +amd graphic card?

Alelizama
Journeyman III

Same here. After big last Warzone patch (season 2 I believe) I am getting one crash for every resurgence match. I also get like a constant game freeze that I can only fix by alt tabbing to another app and back to WZ. It is annoying as hell because before this, I could play for hours without a single crash.

My setup: gigabyte b550 d3sh, ryzen 5600, radeon 6600 8gb, 32 g ram 3600mhz. 

I must algo say my temps are in the 50-60 range.

What is going on???

0 Likes

I managed to stop the constant crashing!

After the last radeon update, I realized my RX6600 was running at over 2600 mhz, when it's only supposed to run at 2450 mhz, according to AMD's site.  So I put a custom speed limit on the GPU right in the adrenalin software and that ended the crashing. I also set the voltage to 1120 mv and my temperatures dropped a little without affecting performance. So, I am guessing that many crashing situations regarding AMD gpus are related to not only tempratures but also excessive processing frequencies (speed).

Hope this helps, and/or correct me if I'm wrong.

0 Likes

As of right now, there isn't much clarity on what's happening. There are several issues being reported, including adrenaline bugs, overheating, and frequency issues. I recently switched my GPU due to overheating problems, which resolved my issue. To address your problem, I'd need to check the temperatures, including hotspot temps. Removing all profiles created by Adrenalin software and resetting everything to default settings fixed my issue. Additionally, a friend mentioned that their game feels choppy despite good FPS, while another friend experiences random crashes where their character runs into a wall uncontrollably. This suggests it may not be solely a GPU or Adrenalin issue but possibly a combination involving the game itself.

0 Likes
CallmeRyzen
Adept I

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share some insights and seek advice regarding an ongoing issue with my GPU.

• Initially, I managed to resolve the crashing problem by rolling back the drivers. However, this isn't a sustainable solution since updates are crucial for bug fixes and security patches.
  • Recently, I noticed that my GPU's temperature spiked to 108°C on the hotspot while attempting to optimize performance for smoother gameplay. I own the Gigabyte 7900XTX Founder Edition.
  • Monitoring the temperature, I observed it reaching 85°C upon launching a game and gradually climbing to 108°C, causing the GPU to shut down, disconnecting both monitors, and crashing the game.
  • Testing with other games revealed the same overheating issue.
  • Research led me to discover that the Founder Edition of my card has a known overheating problem due to inadequate cooling from the vapor chamber.
  • Contacting AMD's customer support, I was informed that reaching 108°C on the GPU hotspot is normal, which I believe isn't accurate, especially since I'm not overclocking beyond default settings.
  • Despite further investigation, I couldn't resolve the issue. Therefore, I opted to use DDU to uninstall all drivers completely, ensuring no residual issues and installed the latest drivers. Additionally, I allowed the GPU to scan and optimize game profiles.
  • Enabling "undervolt GPU" and setting graphics to low, I maintained a steady 60 FPS without overheating issues, which persisted over a 3-hour gaming session.
  • I experimented by increasing FPS slightly, but upon revisiting the Adrenaline software, I found that adjusting settings caused instability. Hence, I reverted to default settings and concluded that the Adrenaline software was likely the culprit.
  • As a temporary fix, I recommend using global tuning with default settings and avoiding profile setups within the Adrenaline software. I'll personally explore other overclocking software.
  • While I hope AMD addresses these issues, for now, I've decided to switch back to Nvidia. I've already purchased two cards: the 4080 Super and the SAPPHIRE NITRO+. I'll start with the Sapphire card and assess its performance under normal temperatures before deciding on overclocking.

There are various options to address this, including applying a new thermal paste or seeking a recall from AMD. However, I prefer the reliability of Nvidia for now.

Additionally, I'd like to share the tools I used for benchmarking and monitoring the heat temperature:

• Techpowerup
  • 3DMARK Advanced Edition

These tools were instrumental in diagnosing and monitoring the performance of my GPU and ensuring it stays within safe temperature ranges.

Thank you for your understanding and any suggestions you may have!

0 Likes
darkchy
Journeyman III

Hi,

try the driver 23.7.2! We tried many Drivers and the only one which was stable without any errors was the 23.7.2.

0 Likes
hardreset
Challenger

I suggest using OCCT. Test the CPU in the Linpack 2021 test for at least 10 minutes. And test the GPU in the VRAM test.

https://www.ocbase.com/download

If these tests are successful, contact activision support.

https://support.activision.com/options

ASRock RX7900GRE Steel Legend, i5 13600K, Asrock Z690 PG Riptide, 32gb ddr4 4000mhz.
0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

3 weeks ago and i still have the problem with directx error...

no solution so far..

did someone try minmal install driver version?