cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

FARNHELL-77
Adept I

AMD 7900 XTX crashes randomly and driver timeout

my screen suddenly froze and I get a black screen. Then my game crashes and then I have to start the game again. But every time I do that either the game keeps crashing or I can play but then after a while i get the same error again please help i just got this card

so far what i have tried 

1.DDU

2.memtest86

3.disable xmp 

4.only driver install

5.minimal install

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

It would help if you listed  your FULL PC specs .. including the make/model of your power supply .. type of cooling on CPU .. case make/model .. whether you are using any cable extenders INSIDE your case, ie .. PCIe riser cable ..etc

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

my bad 

cpu: ryzen 7 7700

mobo: aorus elite ax x670

ram:xpg lancer blade 32gb 6000mhz

psu: 1000w RMe corsair atx3.0

AIO; deepcool lt520

case: 4000d corsair

0 Likes

Did the issue start after a Windows or driver update of some kind or have you had this issue since you got the card?

What GPU drivers version on you on?

Few thing you can try:

1. Verify your GPU is connected with separate PSU cables (not daisy chained).
  2. Run DISM and SFC to repair broken Windows files: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/using-system-file-checker-in-windows-365e0031-36b1-6031-...
  3. Try DDU / AMD Cleanup Utility to remove current drivers and try an older version like 23.12.1 or 23.11.x -- lots of reports here of issues with 24.x.x. If you previous card was Nvidia, uninstall those drivers too.
  4. Disable MPO
  5. Disable ULPS

RX 6800 • Intel 12600k • G.Skill 6000 32GB • MSI B760M Mortar
0 Likes

i recently started having this issue it was fine before i was using the driver that came out in march it was fine but than it started having issues than i updated to the april one and it did not solve.

my gpu is using 2 seprate pcie 6+2 to 6+2 and one cable is daisy chain with the pig tail cable just unplugged and only the 6+2 side is plugged in.

i have disabled MPO

will try disabling ULPS

0 Likes