Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

extracoconut
Journeyman III

AMD 6600 - Assassin's Creed Chronicles

Hi all.

So, I have installed the above game on my Win10, i3-10100f, RX6600. All three games suffer serious artefacts followed by a crash. A game can last from seconds to a minute or so.

I have installed the same games on my mini PC, Win11, Ryzen 3 5300G, Vega6, and all three run perfectly well. No issues.

Checked DirectX, tried compatibility settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled adrenalin drivers...so why can I not get these games to work?

Any ideas?

0 Likes
6 Replies
xlox
Forerunner

artefact may be a sign of overheating , or defective gpu/vram

are the fans spinning correctly ?

check temps while starting to game with adrenalin superposition

you can try to underclock and undervolt to see if it help and so confirm it's the board that as an overheating problem

0 Likes
extracoconut
Journeyman III

Thanks.

It's not that. Studied the temps and fan speed while playing...and temp/junction temp remain in the 50s (as expected for such an old game) and fan only kicks in every now again...when it got to 59/60 degrees.

Card also copes well with extended periods on AAA games.

0 Likes

ok, weird if you only have problem with these 3 games... so software problem ? every thing up to date ? mb  bios ? windows ? chipset ? drivers ? even firmware ? (recently i updated a 6900xt gaming x trio oc firmware and it helped with undervolting etc)

0 Likes

Yeah...as far as I can tell.

Just ran a benchmarking test on GPU. Pushed fan speed to 1800. Temp went up to 74degrees. All within norms (and to be fair, temp probably a little less than expected).

Just those games, right now. But they are fine as they work on my other PC.

Driver issue...must be.

0 Likes

i have often problems with ubisoft new games crashing to desktop (vahlala , watch dogs legions and others before etc), and it's often corrected by them patching their games .. driver is not allways the cause when there is a problem ... focusing on that can prevent to find the real cause ... what you say : "3 ubisoft games causing problems .. not other game causing problems" ... i would not begin by accusing drivers , but maybe you already searched on ubisoft forums ?

i saw on steam foruml that there was a lot of complain on this games crashing at startup , that should have been corrected .. but you never know ..

lot of topics when searching "assassin's chronicles crash"

unfortunately i won't be able to help more i think .. (except trying a windows fresh install on a external drive to see if it change anything,.. i do that sometimes in extrem cases to see if i have to reinstall windows or not - ...as it's ok on your other pc...)

0 Likes
extracoconut
Journeyman III

Update on this.

Decided to have another shot at this and uninstalled the driver and installed one from Oct 2022.

The game now works. No problems.

One reboot later and Windows decided it woduld update my GPU drivers and the game has stopped working again.

Uninstalled once more. Reinstalled Oct 2022 drivers and game runs once more.

And now switched off auto-driver update.

Definitely smells like a driver issue to me.

0 Likes