cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

FARNHELL-77
Adept I

7900XTX PSU RECOMENDATION

HELLO i am building a pc with 7900xtx and the psu i want to buy is a xpg core reactor 2 850w my cpu of choice is 7700x i wanted to ask if this psu and wattage is good for this build and what about the cables as the recommended is 3 8pin power connectors so are they included with the psu or will i have to buy them sepretly im very confused please tell me what are the options i will be very gratefull thank you

0 Likes
3 Solutions

it is a saphire nitro plus vapor x i checked the contents of xpg core reactor 2 and it comes with a 12vhpwr now i do know that it is used with 4090 but i dont know if it will work with 7900xtx so is the 12vhpwr fine or should i go with corsair rm850x which comes with 2 8pin cables so i guess i have to buy one speratly?

still confused

View solution in original post

0 Likes

I would use nothing less than a 1000 watt power supply for ample headroom and peripherals that all consume power. Transient power spikes require the extra juice from a quality high wattage power supply to maintain stability. Gamers Nexus  GPU transient power spike testing.

Look for one like this seasonic prime 850 gold that has 3 direct 8 pin cables.

The 12vphwr won't work with the 7900XTX. Stay safe, avoid fire hazards. 

The Englishman

5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Is it from a AIB or AMD? Because some AIB's will push the design even more.

Anyway, get a 850Watt Platinum PSU and you are ready to go.

=OR=

Future proof with 1000Watt.

BEWARE THAT!

Not every PSU comes with 3 individual 8pin cables, normally its 2x2 in daisy chain on the affordable models, double check what the package brings along.

The Englishman
0 Likes

it is a saphire nitro plus vapor x i checked the contents of xpg core reactor 2 and it comes with a 12vhpwr now i do know that it is used with 4090 but i dont know if it will work with 7900xtx so is the 12vhpwr fine or should i go with corsair rm850x which comes with 2 8pin cables so i guess i have to buy one speratly?

still confused

0 Likes

Look for one like this seasonic prime 850 gold that has 3 direct 8 pin cables.

The 12vphwr won't work with the 7900XTX. Stay safe, avoid fire hazards. 

The Englishman

I would use nothing less than a 1000 watt power supply for ample headroom and peripherals that all consume power. Transient power spikes require the extra juice from a quality high wattage power supply to maintain stability. Gamers Nexus  GPU transient power spike testing.

I understand Ur concern but a lot of my friends have a 850w PSU and they are fine they all either have a 4070ti or 7900xtx besides that 1000w PSU are a lot costly than 850w PSU where I live so that's why I'm going for this build 

0 Likes