Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

PHEASER
Adept I

7900XTX - All Games crash after a while

Hello everybody,

i got a new PC with a Ryzen9 7950X and the new powercolor 7900xtx. Windows 11 - newest updates.

after i installed all drivers (everythings up to date) and the first games, i experienced game crashes after 5 Minutes to 3 hours - depending on how high the graphics are. for example:
overwatch in ultra crashes constantly after 2-3 hours playtime
warhammer darktide in ultra crashes after 5-10 Minutes playtime
Brotato does not crash after 2 hours

I tried to monitor the crashes and it seems that theres a point where the graphicscard instantly stops working - as seen in the screenshot (the spike is the crashmoment from warhammer darktide):
Screenshot 2023-01-06 094742.png
hopefully someone can help me out or have the same problem. Temperature is not going above 70 degrees i think. so i probably might be lucky with the vapor chamber, but dont know.

Sorry for my bad english, I tried my best

0 Likes
1 Reply
xlox
Forerunner

mmh we don't see gpu temps here , and 70° is it on junction temp or basic gpu temp ? if it's not on junction temps then you should check your  air flow in the computer case

try to check junction temps while playing ... but even with high junction temps to 110 gpu should start to throttle not crash ...

try maybe some gpu underclock / undervolt a little to see if behaviour is different ...

i think these game crash could even come from a ram setting problem (not vram , but ram) , try put you ram to default (no xmp..(don't remember what is the name of amd xmp option..)), may be even from a weak psu , but i think it would crash the computer enterily if it was the psu ..

the first thing to do when you have problems, is check that everything is up to date, and  set everything to default and see if it still crash while checking every temps (use adrenalin "superposition" to display info while gaming)

0 Likes