Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

GuillemSoler
Journeyman III

7900 XTX - PC Freezing randomly

Hi everyone,

I am currently facing an issue with my new SAPPHIRE NITRO+ AMD RADEON RX 7900 XTX GAMING OC VAPOR-X.

My build:  PSU: be quiet! Dark Power 12 (1000 W); CPU: Intel I7 12700KF; Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI

I am facing the problem that with the new RX 7900 XTX, my PC randomly completely freezes (you can't do anything).
When it freezes the screen continues on (no blue screen) and the sound continues for a while but you can't do anything and the only option is to press the reset or off button.

I was able to play for a while in a quite demanding game without any freezes and the temperature and the load of the card seem normal on the AMD monitoring tool.

I tried updating all drivers and Windows updates (Windows 11 Pro). And some online solutions provided for random freezes but it only made it worse.

Currently I have the latest drivers: Adrenalin 23.2.2

Please I would really appreciate any information regarding how to solve this issue.

0 Likes
4 Replies
verte95
Adept II

i have the same issue, to solve this deactivate FreeSync. Since i have deactivate it i had no freezes anymore.

0 Likes

How did you find out that FreeSync was causing the issue?

0 Likes
GuillemSoler
Journeyman III

How did you find out that FreeSync was causing the issue?

0 Likes

i got this advice here in the forum

0 Likes