Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rat6vortex
Journeyman III

7900 XTX in Helldivers 2

Hello folks, 

I'd like to check one specific thing about 7900 XTX Nitro+, adrenaline 24.3.1.

I got my card mid march and this is first time I ever have AMD card. Game I play currently is a HellDivers 2. I noticed poor performance of the card comparing to my friend 4070ti. I did tuning in Adrenaline and when I was testing card solo it completely beat 4070ti of my friend, but as soon as four of us start to play together I noticed, that performance of the card drops for 20-30%, card utilization varies between 70-80% and FPS varies between 70-80. (QHD, Ultra, Native)

First I though it is an issue of Discord, as we manage communication with friends via Discord, then I thought I need to reinstall drivers using DDU (before I had 2080 Super and didn't perform DDU before installing Adrenaline) but still I was experiencing FPS drop and I could not figure out what drives it really. Today I decided to make a big test in few games as soon as I get this FPS drop in HellDivers 2, without rebooting of the PC and I got wondering results. 

Helldivers 2 GPU load average 82%

Witcher 3 GPU load average 95%

Ready or Not GPU load average 62%

Then I had a theory, that this is something with either driver OR how game works with the GPU. I launched HellDivers 2 and decided to test few things.

1) I played solo, avg FPS on the mission was ~118, GPU load 95%+, (QHD, Ultra, Native)

2) I joined random team via fast game search, avg FPS became ~77, GPU load about 70%, (QHD, Ultra, Native)

3) Playing same level I changed video settings from Native to Supersampling and... GPU load went UP to 100% with avg FPS 80

4) Playing same level I changed video settings from SuperSampling to Quality and GPU load dropped to <65% with FPS being around 80

5) Playing same level I changed video settings from Supersampling to Ultra Super Sampling and GPU load remained 100% with avg FPS decline to ~60

FPS limit in the game was turned off and conclusion I have is that there is something, that limits performance of the game at 80 FPS. Clearly it is not a bottleneck of PC Hardware, as card produces sometimes up to 145 fps in QHD, Ultra, Native. (Ryzen 5700X, PSU 1350wt, 64gb Kingston Fury RAM @ 3600 XMP, M2 & SSD, X570 Gigabyte Aourus Elite)

Do you ever experienced the same on your XTX, can it be a driver issue to make Helldivers 2 more reliable and prevent crushes

Also I recently assembled PC for my son and provided to him few of my old PC parts (2080 Super, Ryzen 3600, 16gb RAM) as well as installing Steam with my account and some of games, inlcudig HellDivers 2. Later I created account for him and bought his own copy of HellDivers 2, but could it be, that this kind of glitch caused by the fact that there are two copies of the game under my account installed on two different PCs, and this is not a problem of 7900xtx drivers?

0 Likes
0 Replies