cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NsNc
Journeyman III

7900 xt problems

hello, I replaced the 6700 xt with a 7900 xt and immediately after installing the new driver, problems started, there was something he didn’t like, now I can’t mine, I can’t play some games, an error appears that the driver’s waiting time has been exceeded, are you generally adequate there? For so many years with the same problems, what should I do? There are no other drivers to install on the AMD website

0 Likes
4 Replies
CallmeRyzen
Adept I

Hello, after installing a new GPU, it's advisable to remove all previous Adrenalin files or GPU-related files to ensure a clean installation. This is because using outdated files could potentially lead to crashes. To do this, you can use software like DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller), which you can find tutorials for on YouTube. It's a straightforward process. After trying that, please return and see if it resolves your issue.

I even changed Windows 10 to 11 for this, no effect

0 Likes
TexArdvark
Journeyman III

You have put forth a problem that, though seemingly simple, could manifest simply within the game.  I don't know your total rig but I'm playing with an 7900XTX and have had to manipulate AMD Software Adrenaline Edition countless times especially when switching games.  Software designers seem to work to generic settings thus we have to hunt for settings that work for ourselves.  If you've the latest AMD Adrenaline Edition search for what settings are advised for your game and CPU/GPU combination.  Internet is full of assistance and hints, many of which work nicely.  I can't be more specific but it's an approach I've successfully used.

A Texas Geezer

Exactly what I've been telling multiple people – the software itself is likely causing these issues. It's crucial to acknowledge the role of software, especially the GPU drivers and their interaction with the operating system. Addressing potential conflicts within the software environment is key to resolving the problem.