Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nevyns
Adept II

7800x3d IGPU issue

Hi

I have just sold my 6800xt to be replaced with a 7900xt, unfortunately due to the time of year I can only get my new card in about two weeks time.  So what I thought I would do is use my 7800x3d Igpu until my new card arrives, problem is it not working. The 6800xt runs fine though no issues.

Windows device manager reports that the card is enabled and drivers are loaded, but if I reboot my machine and connect the hdmi to it I get nothing and my motherboard (TUF x670e plus wifi) shows a white LED and sometimes a green and a white, and the screen is black. It seems like it booting into windows, but I can't see jack.

The bios is up to date and the things I have tried, reset the bios in various ways, reseated RAM, moved my m.2's around, changed hdmi cables, RTFM'ed, blew out all the dust, begged and pleaded on hands and knees, drank a beer, and one or two things that slipped my mind atm. For the life of me I cannot figure what problem is.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

6 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

So with the 6800xt removed .. no display off of  your motherboard video out ?

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

Yes that's correct, there are a few other things I tried like disable resize bar and force the igpu in the bios, but nothing.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Forerunner

If you still have the 6800XT, use it to boot into BIOS, and make sure the IGP is enabled, and graphics boot is set to auto or not forced to PCIE.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Yep setup that way, I tried with forced as well and setting the igpu to primary, no change

0 Likes
Hanzla
Journeyman III

I have the same exact issue as yours.
Did u figure it out?
Was it the mobo or the processor.

I think either 1 of them is the real culprit based on my testing. but can't pinpoint it. Any help would be much appreciated.

0 Likes

It's the mobo it seems, I changed to another board and the IGPU ran just fine on the new mobo.

0 Likes