Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

joelprazeres
Journeyman III

6900 XT Wierd Issue

Hello,

I have a 6900XT from AMD that have a weird issue, the first time a start PC the Card do not work as expected, besides it have video , it cant play 4k video or play a game with good fps looks like its working at 10% of capacity , so i alkways have to reboot open a 4k vide in YouTube and test if not works i reboot again and again until i get a good image then after that it works perfectly and i can play any game at full capacity , but if i turn off the PC next time i have to do the same procedure again .

I have already tested different drivers and even had it installed in a fresh new windows 10 and 11 version , had also my power supply upgraded from 750W to 1000 but still not success .

Does anybody experienced similar behavior in this card or other AMD at all ?

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

what is the rest of your PC specs?

What make/model 1k PSU are you running?

Make sure you are running separate power cables to each power input on your GPU

IF you are using any cable extenders inside your case, try removing them and running power directly from PSU to motherboards/GPU and see if that helps

IF you are using a PCIe Riser cable , try plugging the GPU directly into your motherboard and see if issue persists

Run DDU and remove all AMD past and current GPU drivers. IF you ran an Nvidia card previously, be sure to remove all things Nvidia with the DDU program as well

Make sure you Windows install is up to date

Make sure you are running the latest Chipset Drivers for your setup. Go to Intel.com and run their driver update utility if Intel. Go to AMD.com and get latest AM4 chipset drivers and install if AMD

Make sure your motherboards BIOS is up to date

ThreeDee PC specs

Rosewill Gaming 80 Plus Bronze 1000W Power Supply/PSU, HIVE Series 1000 Watt 80 Plus

My motherboard its a MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK

Memory 32 Gb 4X8 3200 MHz

Processor its a Ryzen 9  5950

The whole system is water cooled

The VGA is using just one cable as power i will try your suggestion to put 2 cables instead of one for both plugs 

0 Likes