Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maciekster
Journeyman III

6800 XT - Grey Screen Crash

I have a video example here.

Hi everyone! I’ve been all over YT, Forums, and a bunch of Reddits for months regarding my situation, but I figured I’d finally post my experience. Before I continue, here are my specs-

5800X

ROG Strix X570-E Mobo

XFX Merc 6800 XT

GSkill 64GB RAM

Corsair 850W PSU

My GPU or build seem to be on some sort of crack to say the least. Most of the time, when I turn on my PC, I get no signal on all of my screens, but all my RGB lights turn on, and I can’t tell if Windows boots or not. I hard reset the PC and it still doesn’t show.

Occasionally, I’ll randomly get signal upon a force reboot and boot into Windows, finally. When I get on, I make sure MPO is disabled. I uninstalled all drivers via DDU, and all that driver stuff.

Originally, I thought it’s the GPU. I got it RMAd but the issue is still happening. Then, my mind got to thinking it’s the motherboard, which was my last resort to RMA.

When I finally get a chance to play, I can probably get like 2-3 matches of Call of Duty at max. Can’t really go past 30 minutes of gaming anything without the screen just starting to do slight grey flickers before it fully turns grey and freezes the whole PC.

I took the attached video link above when I was finally able to see my splash screen, so I went into UEFI. As you can see, I LIGHTLY touch my card and my screen just turns off. This made me think it can be the PCI-E slot. I put the GPU in the lower slot, but the same thing seems to happen.

Im not quite sure what else to try.

Can the GPU sag be causing this? Would vertically mounting my GPU with a good riser potentially make it work?

Should I just go and RMA the Mobo and hope for the best?

Thanks, everyone.

0 Likes
0 Replies