cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

YaBoiShaky
Journeyman III

6800 Keeps Disabling

Hey everyone, recently I got a 1440p 165Hz monitor to go along with my AMD 6800 and I never had this problem on my old 1080p monitor, but randomly while playing games my monitor will go black and my HDMI/Display port connection will not be found. I then have to restart the computer from the power supply and then uninstall my gpu in device manager and reinstall it. I have tried to switch my display connection from display port to HDMI and it didn't fix it, I looked at a bunch of youtube videos and they didn't help. I also have Freesync enabled in AMD Adrenaline and in my monitor settings. I would love help as to why this happens because it is driving me crazy. Please let me know what else I can tell you to help my situation

11 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

When you get the black screen, does the built in OSD for the monitor show up?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
Vakuu
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, only that it happens when playing Atomic heart. An error message pops up. But the last windows update was with me 5 days ago and there the graphics card ran well.

System is Win10Pro

RX6800XT

I7 8700 K

Grafikkarte fehler.PNG

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I would use GPEDIT to disable Windows Update's ability to update drivers, run DDU, and reinstall the last stable version of drivers that worked for you. Some drivers don't work well on specific configurations. If the problem persists after you have stopped the ability for Windows Update to update drivers, let us know.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Savinakis
Adept I

Been having the same issue where the card disables or the video card "resets" and all the video based stuff i had open crashes, twitch, youtube, video game, emulator, and if you have the adrenaline software installed you sometimes get a wattman error. 6700xt tried all drivers back to 9/1/2022 w/ and w/out adrenaline software. 

Only thing that seemed to help, run everything in windowed mode, Tarkov, Warships, or any other game.

0 Likes

What hardware are you running, make and model, CPU, GPU MOTHERBOARD, RAM CONFIGURATION, PSU.

0 Likes

msi x570-a pro, ryzen 7 5800x3d, AMD 6700XT (this was just warrantied because i thought it was the card, but its the crap drivers/software), 32gb ram (tried different brands, 1 or 2 modules), Cougar BXM700. Cooling: all air cooled 6 case fans, dual fan cpu cooler Diag Software: cpu-z, hwmonitor, OCCT, adrenaline back to Sept 2022, memtest86

0 Likes
Vakuu
Journeyman III

The solution for me was simple. There were only 12 PINs instead of 16 PIN connected to the power connector of the graphics card. Just played Atomic Heart on ultra and did a shock test about 1 hour about 3DMark. Everything was stable, no deactivation of the graphics card. Hope it stays that way. Otherwise I'll get in touch here. So thank you for your feedback, stay healthy

My 6700xt is 8+6 from everything i can tell power is good. And nothing crashes in windowed mode, go to fullscreen and its a sh*t show.

0 Likes

Are you using two different cables to run power to the GPU?

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Some find disabling MPO helps with crashes. 

0 Likes

ya an 8 pin and a 6 pin

0 Likes