cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

suvend
Adept I

6700 xt extreme framedrops

Hey everyone, recently switched from a 3060ti to a 6700 xt and am having some issues with general performance and specifically alt tabbing with games open.

In general It seems I cannot optimize the performance quite as well for games like Destiny 2, where before I was able to steadily get 140fps on my 140hz monitor. Now I am lucky to have 140 in a social area not moving. In addition whenever I alt tab out of any game theres a chance both my monitors and all applications (except for the mouse) act like they're at 1 fps. I often get error coded in Destiny 2 for having too low of an fps for too long a period. Usually lasts between 10-20 seconds and it resumes normal performance. Turning of the Radeon FPS overlay seemed to make it happen less often but it still does. Temps never get hotter than 80-85.

Sapphire Pulse 6700 XT

5800x

32gb 3200 Corsair RAM

AsRock B500 Gaming Phantom ITX

Lian Li SP750 Performance SFX

4 Replies
PurrfectBoots
Journeyman III

Hello,

I think I got the same problem

Can you check how many fps you got when then drop ? Because I have noticed it's only 3 on my side, constant 3. It seems to happen when I alt tab a lot, especially when playing Valorant which is the only game with vsync enabled. Also when playing a youtube video in the background it looks like fps drop are more likely to happen. 

I also have a Sapphire Pulse 6700 XT

DDR4 32GB 3600 Kingston FurryBeast

Aorus B550 elite v2

0 Likes

Yep mine also locks to exactly 3 fps according to whatever fps counter I'm using. It seems disabling the Radeon fps overlay, and also switching to High Performance power plan makes it happen more infrequently but it still happens to an annoying extent.

0 Likes
Drucki
Adept I

We got the same problem.

She's on a 5600X + 6800 + 16GB RAM

I'm on a 5800X3D + 6900XT + 32GB RAM

When we alt tab out of the game (Valorant, Fortnite) we drop from stable 180+fps down to 3fps for about 10 sec. Not every time, but very often. 

One hint was to disable Discord Overlay. Had no effect. Still massive stuttering after tabbing out and back into the game. 

0 Likes

Same here with the 3 fps, as in my other comment disabling the Radeon overlay made it happen less but it still happens. Odd that its specifically 3 fps for all of us, seems like a common problem for these cards.

0 Likes