Hello... After buy that video card 5700 xt, i try use with "down voltage GPU setting " why ? Because that video so hot and loud... I looking google and read another ppl who give information how need tune AMD WattMan PO for take nice perfomens with normal 65-75t on GPU and silence cooling system with 35-45% speed..
Before i start test this setting i have 2 BSOD in defoult settings WattMan.. And Green Scren..
Then i start testing some settings like a:
1850 MHz / 1076 mV and manual FAN speed
No change in Mem Frequency
Video work fine but still have huge tems 95-110 ...
I use this power settings and give -35% power limit:
Then i have nice work with low loud 60-66 with 43% fun
After 3 day i have another problem.. WattMan start crashing ...
: The amdkmdap video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored.
: Permission settings for a specific application do not give Local Activation permissions for a COM server application with CLSID
COMPUTER \ Enjoy user with a security ID (S-1-5-21-4249672605-4271662135-650305623-1001) and a LocalHost address (using LRPC) running in the application container Not available with a security ID (Not available). This security permission can be changed using the component services administration tool.
Then i need restart system or restart AMD Wattman ..
I think this problem come after my change with power on GPU or Power Limits...
Then i use:
Frequency / Voltage = Auto
Manual setting on FAN speed
Power Limit = 0%
No change in Memory power or Frequency = Auto..
And i stil have crash AMD Wattman with Error's on screen before...
I use clear instal windows 10 / 1809 and instal last drivers for all equipment...
CPU : Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard : ASUS Prime X470-Pro
RAM : GSkill 8gb / x2
Video : AMD 5700 XT
Power : Seasonic 850W FOCUS Plus Platinum
Monitor : LG UltraGear 32GK650F-B / 144hz
what need to do, fow take stability with work in AMD videocard like on INTEL shitty cards ?
- It looks like your undervolt settings are not stable with decreased powerlimit and a driver keeps resetting itself.
- DCOM errors in even viewer are not related to your graphics card/video driver and these are not responsible for B(G)SoD's you are getting
- 1076mv core voltage with untouched power limit on RX 5700 XT will not have significant impact on power consumption of the card. It will help to keep the core clock higher though. For reference: i use 1102mv core voltage with core frequency and power limit both untouched - temperatures of my card and power consumption remain the same while core clock is able to stay at 1930-2000mhz, technically it's an undervolt but in reality it is an overclock.
Regarding issues with the default settings:
- The first thing i would do is performing fresh clean Windows v.1903 install intsead of Windows 10 v.1809 Enterprise LTSC, disabling hybernation and fast boot and installing latest amd chipset drivers for x470 chipset and latest Adrenaline drivers from AMD official site.
- Do not enable VSR (virtual super resolution) and Enchanced sync in Radeon settings.
- I don't recommend applying more relaxed fan curve (less than 2130 max rpm) for the card running at it's stock power draw. If you would like to perform an undervolt for your 5700 XT with significantly lower than stock power consumption try to start with 1900mhz core frequency and 1005mv core voltage with power limit at 0%. If the card remains stable in games and stress tests keep lowering your voltage. From many reviews and my personal experience with the card it looks like most RX 5700 XT can remain stable at these settings.
- I highly recommend checking the answer from scareceloot 5700xt Crashing with the exception that i suggest to not update your bios for latest versions that support ryzen 3000 if your system was stable prior to RX 5700 XT installation.