Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Gusop
Adept I

5700 XT black screen, audio works, display adapter deactivated, code 31

Hello,

before I describe my issue, I didn't made any changes to my PC since I build it (~2years), I have a Ryzen 5 1500X, Asrock 350 (not sure) mainboard and Windows 10. Also run Furmark for 20 min with 81°C top with no issues.

Yesterday while gaming I got "no connection" on monitor, the audio (discord (VOIP)) worked but the keyboard (capslock) didn't.

I uninstalled the driver in safe mode with an AMD tool, installed the latest one, gamed for half a day and now it happend again.

After the black screen, the display adapter in Device Manager is deactivated, after activating my RX 5700 XT, I get an exclamation mark and following text: 

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

What do I do now?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

People are having trouble with the latest optional drivers release (version 22.9.1)

Uninstall your drivers using DDU (display driver uninstaller), and try using 22.5.1, these are the latest recommended WHQL drivers.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mitsui14
Adept II

Did you check the temperatures for the GPU? Wich PSU are you using? Did you try to install older drivers?

0 Likes

I play only older games, the temps are around 60°C.  700W Crossair PSU and no I didn't try older driver. Which one should I download?

0 Likes

People are having trouble with the latest optional drivers release (version 22.9.1)

Uninstall your drivers using DDU (display driver uninstaller), and try using 22.5.1, these are the latest recommended WHQL drivers.

Used AMD clean up utility. Installing recommended driver, if I forget to report, my issue solved through this driver.
PS: Run Furmark 20 min with faulty/newst driver, no issue.