cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

unrustingfr
Journeyman III

5600XT Green screen Crash

I've had my graphics card for a little over 2 years now. I'd be playing a game and boom, green screen and I'll have to restart my computer. I've tried:

Reinstalled drivers

Installed drivers without adrenaline (it worked for a bit, but they came back)

Updated bios (and removed bios, didn't do anything)
disabled hardware acceleration on some applications , and disabled game mode.

I've checked my gpu connector, but the the same connector on the psu

This happens when I'm playing games, specifically Halo Infinite, Minecraft (mods, sometimes vanilla) and CSGO.

5600xt

ryzen 3 3100

16gb 3200mhz (TForce Delta)

600w psu (pretty sure it's bronze)

0 Likes
5 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

@unrustingfr hello there. I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues.

I have a RX 5700 XT myself and know about a rare green screen crash.
My personal experience and info on that problem can be found here:
how to stop RX 5700 XT from downclocking? 

--
In order to find out if you are having the same reason for the crash,
please go ahead and start monitoring your GPUs memory clock,
while playing the games that usually cause the green screen for you.

Software you can use to monitor the memory clock include: (choose one)
- Radeon Software's own performance/metrics tab
- MSI Afterburner + RivaTuner Statistics server (I am using this one)
- GPU-Z's Sensor Tab

If you read through my own topic/notes you can see what I believe is causing the crash.
Start monitoring your own memory clock and see if you have the same behavior.

Let me know if it is the same issue or yet another one, that I don't know about yet.
---
Also good to know about: RX 5000 series crash types and reasons

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Hey RPX100, sorry for the late reply. After I've seen you're message, I haven't had a green screen since. 

I just had one a couple minutes ago, monitored by GPU Z. Since I've been logging my temperatures for days now, the crash could've happened a little bit before or after.

After I crashed, I checked the file and noticed that the temperatures raised to 85, and driven back down (this could be the wrong time that it crashed, but it's the highest and super close to the crash time) After, the temperatures plummeted to 40C (restart)

I don't know how this would make sense, because I've already tried cooling the gpu, and it hasn't worked (a year ago ish, with AMD software underclock and increase fan speed)

0 Likes

It also just crashed on 42C after being idle for an hour, so I'm not very sure on what's causing this

0 Likes
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

I've experienced a couple of green screen crashes in the past.

Both times it was an HDMI cable or port going bad or a DVI/HDMI adapter going bad.

Your experience could be unique.

My green screens only happened back in the HD 4000 series GPU's.

Though t is likely the game engine for what you were playing isn't optimized for your GPU or is experiencing stability issues.

I have experienced that problem with some games and until uninstalled the problem never went away. It's as if the game itself was causing harm to my system. 

0 Likes
olethros
Adept I

In my case, the green screens have disappeared (hopefully) since I enabled in BIOS "Above 4G Decoding" and "Re-size BAR support" (disabled by default in my mb Asus Z390-P). My guess is, perhaps the green screens were caused by a memory bottleneck.

0 Likes