Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Oellness
Adept I

5 Month and the important issues still not fixed :-(

Hi

it is very annoying that 5 month after release the realy important issues of the 7900xt(x) series still not fixed!

Known Issues

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drops may be observed during gameplay and video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Some virtual reality games or applications may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.

With the lack of other RDNA3 cards (7800/7700....) it seems that AMD gave up the RDNA3 generation.

Is the chiplet design a flop?

Unfortunately AMD is quiet...

0 Likes
3 Replies
WOLF1066
Adept I

Bought it on release date in their store and no chance to use it.

nearly 4080 performasnce for an affordable price they said.
should have written 1080
i'm p..ssed with my useless 1000$ cooling block.

0 Likes
Oellness
Adept I

A new driver was released:

Adrenalin 23.4.3

Known Issues

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Video stuttering or performance drops may be observed during gameplay and video playback with some extended display configurations on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Some virtual reality games or applications may experience lower-than-expected performance on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.

Again no fix of the bugs known for months...

It seems that AMD surrenders to Nvidia in terms of VR.

0 Likes
Grods
Adept I

I'm wondering does this qualify for RMA? My card still has over 1 year warranty left but do these issues count as "manufacturing defect" covered under warranty?

Sold my 3080 to get 7900XT as an upgrade yet ended up not being able to enjoy VR.

0 Likes