Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Lchavodel8
Journeyman III

3 monitors with B450M-A

Info:
Motherboard: PRIME B450M-A
CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 MOBILE 3400G
Ram: 16gb Currently I have 2 monitors connected (HDMI and VGA) and without any problem. The motherboard has to connect by DVI-D, is it possible to connect another extra monitor in that output?, It would be a total of 3 monitors.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Here the spec of the Prime B450M-A/CSM concerning it Graphic's outputs: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-B450M-A-CSM/techspec/

Graphic

Integrated Graphics in the AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics/ Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D/D-Sub ports
- Supports HDMI 2.0b with maximum resolution of 4096  x 2160  @ 60  Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920  x 1200  @ 60 Hz
- Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920  x 1200  @ 60  Hz

0 Likes

But does it support 3 at the same time?

0 Likes

In the past sometimes two video output ports would share the same video output. But in the newer motherboards and GPU cards they don't.

So I am assuming that all three ports on your motherboard would support a monitor individually.

But I would suggest you open a Asus Support ticket and asked them directly to verify what I mentioned. The fastest way is to use Asus CHAT feature.

Or borrow an third monitor and plug it in and see if if works. Try plugging in your TV if it has a HDMI or DP input and then use an cable adapter to hook up the other monitor.

0 Likes

As I mentioned, I currently have 2 monitors connected, 1 for VGA and another for HDMI, I bought an adapter that comes to me on Wednesday to connect via DVI-D and I will try, but before buying it I was wondering if I could use 3 monitors at the same time .
0 Likes

I just edited my previous reply because I said MSI instead of Asus.

Open a Asus Support "CHAT" feature and ask them directly. it is the fastest way to get an answer. But you will need the Asus motherboard's Serial Number to log on as a requirement.

Personally I believe all 3 video outputs will support 3 monitors connected at the same time.

As I mentioned before sometimes two video ports are connected and when one is used the other would be disabled. But with the newer motherboards and GPU cards all video outputs are now separate from each other so you should be able to connect all three monitors on the three different video outputs on the motherboard.

0 Likes