cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sidrakiyani
Journeyman III

Windows 10 booting takes forever (stuck at "Gigabyte™ – Insist on Ultra Durable" screen)

My Windows 10 takes forever to boot.  It sticks here about 10 minutes before able to enter Windows.

fXLI9.jpgohnJq.png

I am not sure what info should I put here to help you to solve my problem. Just ask me if you need more info. Site

0 Likes
1 Reply

Is it stuck at the BIOS screen during POST or does it seem like it is booting into Windows even though it is still showing the BIOS screen?

If it takes a long time to boot into Windows it could be a driver issue or something isn't compatible with Windows and your hardware or possible defective Windows drive or corrupt Windows OS.

Restart your PC 3 times in a row until it enter Windows Troubleshooting Menu. Then click on Startup problems and see if that helps any.

If you made some recent changes by adding a new program when this started you can also do a System Restore in the same Windows Menu.

Once you enter Windows restart your PC with a Clean Windows Desktop. This is basically running Safe Mode in a Regular Windows environment by disabling all 3rd Party startups.

If Windows starts up normally when you boot into a Clean Windows Desktop that would indicate a 3rd party program or driver causing the issue. Here is how you can do it. It is very easy to do and undo: How to perform a clean boot in Windows 

Also run in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell the following comannd: SFC /scannow  . This will check your Windows  OS for corruption.

Also run CHKDSK /x/r/f to check your Windows  Drive for any bad  sectors that could be preventing Windows from booting up quickly.

0 Likes